Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Green Snacks and Lunches


I got these cute reusable snack and sandwich bags last week and I am in love with them. We normally use glass snapware for lunches and leftovers but they are so heavy and take up so much room. Sometimes a ziplock bag is great for snacks on the go and these are perfect for replacing those plastic bags! I bought a few from a small company here in Seattle as well as online at Etsy. They come in different designs, sizes and closures. You can flip them inside out and wipe them out or throw them in the washing machine. Most of them have a velcro closure at the top (some have a drawstring option). The "sandwich wrap" is genius. It's basically just a square of fabric backed by a waterproof liner that you fold your sandwich up in and it seals with a piece of velcro. I wish I knew how to sew so I could make my own and save more money! But, I love supporting local moms and artists so it all works out :)

Below are the links to my favorite shops. I always look for bags with the "gusseted bottom" because it allows for more room and the design allows you to "stand" the bag up when it's filled. (Yes, that is Care Bear and Strawberry Shortcake you see there...Mama needs her own snack bags too!)

1 comment:

sandi said...

So glad you are enjoying your bags!